Here you will find various links that we find useful or things we endorse/recommend.
- My HomeTown Reads Profile Our profile page on a site that is focused on promoting books based on the author’s hometown.
These are services or products we recommend or endorse for their online security benefits.
- Nanitor.com Vulnerability Management platform that takes the pain out of managing your vulnerabilities
- 1Password My recommended Password Manager
- LastPass Popular Cloud Password manager
- Bitwarden Low-cost Open-Source Password Manager offering great feature set, including a cloud or local option
- ProtonVPN Great VPN provider, based in Switzerland
- Privacy.com. A site that will let you create custom virtual pre-paid credit cards with custom limits. If you sign up with this link https://privacy.com/join/VEYH9 you get $5 to spend however you like, as do I.
- Power Banks Anker Innovations. Portable charging devices.
- Proton Mail Secure and privacy-centric Email service in Switzerland
- Fastmail Privacy-conscious email provider based in Australia that offers reliable email with great feature set
- Wizard Zines Short bitesize educational illustrations, making tech topics easy to understand.
- Hardware Security Keys U2F The Best Hardware Security Keys for Two-factor Authentication. The Verge
- Firefox Web browser Privacy centric web browser
- Traveling Mailbox Physical mailbox in the cloud
- KeyPass Password Safe Popular Locally Installed Password Manager
- Duck Duck Go Privacy Centric Search Engine
Links to citations from the book
- Yubico. FIDO U2F. Yubico Yubi Key
- 17 U.S. Code CHAPTER 12 COPYRIGHT PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Definition of confidentiality Oxford Dictionaries
- GSM 03.38 Wikipedia
- Password Strength. xkcd
- Malvertising Center for Internet Security
- Jake Williams on Scams Twitter
- Seattle WA Police Department on Scams Twitter
- Easy Ways to Build a Better P@$5w0rd National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Your Social Security number isn’t suspended. Ever. Federal Trade Commission
- ProtonMail on Twitter Google did not disclose Nest Secure contained microphones
- LastPass Trusted Secure Reliable.
- The Way Back Machine
- AOL Wikipedia
- Definition of Federation Oxford Dictionaries
- The Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer Security. IBM
- National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST Mission; Vision; Core Competencies and Core Values. National Institute – of Standards and Technology
- The Caesar Cipher
- Naked Security by Sophos NIST’s new password rules – what you need to know
- Netscape The Browser That Started It All Dies A Quiet Death. Wired magazine
- What business is McDonald’s really in?
- LastPass Security Report.
- DuckDuckGo Q&A on Privacy
- Warriors of the Net HD. YouTube
- Dig Web Interface Tool to decode and lookup URLs
- Bellevue WA Police Department on Scams Twitter
- Definition of integrity Oxford Dictionaries
- The Building Blocks of Good Detection and Response Services for the ICS Environment
- Pierce County Sheriff on Sweepstakes fraud Twitter
- How Are Copyright Laws Enforced? Legal Zoom